Monday, September 12, 2011

Jack's Post

From the "Heart of Nakota and White Clay Nations" blares the radio. Ft. Belkamp Indian Reservation, Wolf Point, Montana-say my humans as they consult that map thing. Kinda miss chasing voles in tall grass back home. But the new smells are worth something. Dead deer. That’s one of my favorites. Tried to check one out last night on a really big river my humans called the Missouri. But that made my humans yell my name, so had to leave it. This was after they had a long conversation about a sign that said no camping but then decided to stay there anyway. My man human usually likes to jump into any kind of water --but this time, he decided it had too much undertow. That made me happy. Good decision! In the middle of the night there was a knocking on the window that woke us all up. I barked and they talked with the man that had a sign on his truck that said Tribal Police. Turned out he was really nice and I wished I could have greeted him. I like to greet people whenever my humans let me but it also makes them yell my name. People always say “he sure is tall” about me, though sometimes they yip first if I try out a dog greeting. Hope that’s not all they think about. Anyway, I know how to fold up small and how to pant hard when it is time for a stop. I love evenings best when my humans rest and eat and I chase smells and it feels like home and then we go into the van and snore happily into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment